Thursday 10 April 2014

Mercedez Benz Fahion Week: Australia

So like I haven't been able to post at all for quite a while, and I am very very sorry. I have been hammered by work and uni and I haven't been able to post at all. So I hope you guys enjoy :)

This week was Mercedez Benz Fashion Week in the land down under, and I am so sad that I wasn't able to be part of the volunteer team due to UNI, but I hope I will be able to next time. I think it would have been an absolute memorable experience to be backstage during the show, and just seeing how everything goes on.

I was very very impressed by some of the designers collections this year, because they were actually wearable clothes. Not like others, that are so so out there only Lady Gaga can wear them. There was over 50 designers that showcased in Sydney all throughout the week, some of them are well known while others some may have never even heard of.

Soo, here are my top 3 fave collections. enjoy!

Alice McCall
This collection was all about the colour, detailing and the fun. I absolutely love the pastel palette incorporated in it, as well as the layering in some of these designs. Off-Shoulder dresses, playsuits and blouses are so in, and this collection proves how stunning it is, especially when paired with a 'sweetheart' neckline. Like I said, this is a very wearable collection that can be worn at formal occasions; I can see these designs to be worn at the races.












Cameo
Cameo is known for their experimental and visionary designs, meaning they have set an innovative level of a way to dress. Like the McCall collection, there are also a lot of off shoulder designs, paired with a lot of drape and layering. This collection proves that peplum is far from over, by just adding to a few changes to a classic peplum shape. One of my favourites recently is the simple lace overlays and applique, and I think this collection did that some justice. This collection can be worn from smart casual events to strictly formal occasions.



Raffles College of Design

This collection is not by one well known designer, instead it has been compiled by 6 different aspiring designers who have really proved themselves. The details, layers, use of colour and just the sense of uniqueness in their designs show that they are on their way to success. They have really lived up to the trends on the catwalk this week, which is one of the essentials of being a fashion designer. But at the same time they have done so in each of their own different way. Their designs were elegant, sleek and smooth. Definitely some inspiration for formal wear.








Honestly, out of these three collections I don't have a favourite, but I'm sure everyone has their own taste, so feel free to check out some of the other designers' work this week.

Love, VeraCzarina


No comments:

Post a Comment